Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 10: Trek from Bhandak Thatch (8000 ft) to Barshani Road head (7400 ft) (5km, 2hr) head, transfer by bus to Kasol and checking out.

 As we prepared to depart from Bhandak Thatch, it started raining in the morning and by the time we started on the downhill path, the mud was wet and slippery. This made progress very slow and since we had surrendered our sticks while sliding down the snow from Sar Pass, this made it more difficult for the trekkers.

We made our way down slowly and soon it became clear that catching the 10 am bus from Barshaini bus stand was out of question for most of us. Although we had been told by the camp in-charge that there are hourly buses yet we would find out that the next bus was at 1200 hours. 

The path went down and down and was quite steep. It took us 2 hours to get down to relatively easy slopes from where we made good progress. However, the road was still quite some distance away. We approached a village and walked through it on concrete path. We passed a water mill and a stream when it began raining heavily again. 





Another 20 minutes took us to a dam construction site, where we crossed the river on a bridge and climbed up to the motor-able road. We soon reached the Barshaini bus stand where we waited for more than an hour to get the bus at 1200 hours for Kasol. Several of the trekkers got down at Manikaran. 

I had a bus to catch at 6 pm, from Bhunter so I carried on to Kasol Base Camp. I collected my luggage, filled in a chcek out slip, deposited the rucksack and sleeping bag liner and filled in a feedback form before I was given my certificate. I had my lunch and climbed upto the road where I caught a bus to Bhunter. Next morning I was back in Delhi, richer by a lot of friends and a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment